The City of Coquitlam is encouraging Burke Mountain residents to weigh in on options for a new neighbourhood park. Sheffield Park is approximately 2 acres in size and is located at the heart of the Smiling Creek neighbourhood at Sheffield Avenue and Chandler Street.
The survey – which will open later in August – will prompt feedback from residents on features such as:
- A water play area;
- A washroom building;
- A play area for younger children (ages two to five) that could include a dome play structure, slide and sand pit;
- A play area for older children (ages six to 11) that could include a larger play structure, swings and slide;
- A multifunctional youth area (ages 11 and up) that could include a basketball hoop, ball hockey net, skate area and terraced seating;
- Table tennis for youth, adults and seniors;
- A pathway system with several cardio walking circuit options;
- Open lawn areas for picnicking and other informal uses; and
- Gathering spaces, seating areas and a terraced lawn area.
Public feedback collected will inform the park’s detailed design, which will be developed over the fall and presented to Council for approval in early 2021. Construction is anticipated to begin in Spring 2021.
For more information, visit coquitlam.ca/sheffield.