Join Wesbild at the 19th Annual Hyde Creek Annual Salmon Festival!
The Chum and Coho Salmon are returning to their spawning grounds at Hyde Creek. Come out to this Free Family Event.
WHEN – Sunday, November 18th 11:00 am to 3:00 pm
WHERE – Hyde Creek Recreation Centre (1379 Laurier Avenue, Port Coquitlam
Wesbild will have our cookie decorating activity where you can deck out gingerbread cookies with all of the fixings. Once again, we have partnered with Gabi & Jules to order our cookies! Gabi & Jules is a great local business who have a mission to passionately create exceptional pies and baked goodness in a collaborative environment inclusive of individuals of all abilities. They also give a portion of their proceeds to local autism related charities: Medicare for Autism Now! & the Autism Support Network.
Come on out and make a Gabi & Jules cookie with us. Then enjoy other Salmon Festival Activities including:
- Fisheries and Oceans Canada displaying live salmon (up close!)
- Orphaned Wildlife Society (OWL) exhibiting a live Golden Eagle
- The Cutie Circle, a ukulele group, will perform and provide music lessons in the classroom at the Hatchery
- Salmon dissections and microscope investigations
- Home Depot build project, Search & Rescue and the David Suzuki Foundation on display
- Theatrix Kids Zone interactive play in the Rec Centre Program room
- Ta Daa Lady with highly interactive songs and stories. 4 children’s shows
- Face painting, cookie decorating with Wesbild and crafts for the young-at-heart
- Looking for local flora and fauna on a guided nature walk
- Visit an operating salmon hatchery
- Ride your Bike – Free and secured Bicycle parking at the Rec Centre
- 36 Environmentally motivated Exhibitors
- Food Truck Vendors with amazing lunch items
- Christmas Shopping – Vendors with environmentally themed hand-made treasures for sale. Cash only